For all those who love trout fishing, here is a quick, simple and delicious recipe for baked trout.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 whole rainbow trout, gutted and cleaned
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thym- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- 2 slices of lemon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F ( 200 degrees C) Grease a 9X13in baking dish with 1 teas spoon of olive oil
- Place trout in the baking dish and coat with remaining olive oil. Season the inside and outside of the fish with dill, thyme and salt. Stuff each fish with onion slices. Grind pepper on top and place 1 lemon slice on each fish.
- Bake for 10min; add water to dish. Continue baking until fish flake easily with a fork, about 10min more
Adding water to the dish after the first 10min of baking is very important, it will prevent the fish from drying out.
Simple, easy and delicious. Stay tuned for another fish recipe next month.